Colossians 1 verses 15 - 20
“He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.”
In this season of Christmas, we as Christians celebrate Jesus, our Saviour, Brother, Friend, Lord, Master, and King. We celebrate Him who is to be all, our all and all, our everything. We sing “it’s all about Him” and truly it is all about Him. Everything revolves around Him. He is the centre. The focal point of everything, the reason for our existence. The most important human being that ever lived or will ever live. The question to you this season is do you know Him? If you know Him are you making Him known to others? Christmas provides us all with an opportunity to know Him and make Him Known to a dying and lost world.
Jesus the Centre:
- He left his splendour and came to us here on earth as a baby – Luke 2:1-21
- He lived among us as a man – John 1:14
- He came to reveal the father to us and to reconcile us to Him. He came to seek we who were lost and save us. He came to prepare us to be ready to spend eternity with Him and the Father.
- He was crucified on the cross, died and went to grave – Luke 23:33-34, Luke 23: 44-46, Mark 15: 42-47 and Luke 23: 50-53. The Lamb that was sacrificed so that we can have a new life.
- He resurrected on the third day – Luke 24: 1-6, Mark 16: 1-14, 1 Corinthians 15: 4, 20
- He has ascended (gone) to heaven to be with the Father and also prepare a place for us in Heaven, His Father’s house. As he came to earth to prepare us, He has gone back to heaven to prepare a place for us so that one day we will be with Him again – Acts 1: 9-11, John 14: 1-3
- He has given His Holy Spirit to help, guide and comfort us while we remain here on earth, awaiting His return. He has given us His Holy Spirit so we can be His hands, mouth, feet here and continue the work He started – Matthew 3: 11, Acts 2: 29-33
- He is the one who is going to come again to take us home. This is a temporary home for us. We are here for a season and in His time, He will come and take us home, where we will live with Him and the Father – John 14: 1-3
So, in this season of celebrating Jesus birth, the Father wants to remind us that He is coming back again and the time for that is drawing really near. Let’s be prepared for His coming, and let’s go out and make Him known to others.
We will like to take this opportunity to pray that you and all yours have a wonderful, peaceful and joyous Christmas, and an amazing glorious New Year 2018. May God bless you and your family abundantly in Jesus' name.
from Pastors Rowland & Folake, and the Senior Leadership